Holyhead Breakwater Lighthouse

GB, Isle of Anglesey, 1873


£Free Add to cart

Update (23 November):
Apologies... purchases and free downloads are temporarily unavailable. Please check back next week.

Product Information

This small lighthouse is situated at the end of the breakwater guarding the harbour in Holyhead, Wales.

The lighthouse was built in 1873 as part of the 3km long breakwater, probably designed by John Hawkshaw, the architect then responsible for the works. The 19m tower is square in cross section and is currently painted white with a black band. The light gives three green flashes every 10 seconds.

The lighthouse was automated and de-manned in 1961. The breakwater is open to the public but the tower itself is not open to visitors.

Technical Details

Location Position Height Built Character
Fishguard, Wales 53.33 09°N 4.61 93°W 19m 1873 FL(3) G 10s 12nm

Model Details

Scale Height Pieces Sheets Difficulty (1-5)
1:250 3cm 37 1 x A4 3 [Moderate]

Model Preview