The daymark at the end of Portland Bill was built by Trinity House in 1844. When lined up with one of the previous lighthouses on Portland Bill it warned ships of a reef lying just offshore.
The 10m stone obelisk now stands close to the current lighthouse and is no longer in use for its original purpose.
|Portland Bill, Dorset, UK||50? 30.82N
02? 27.30?۪ W
|1:250||6cm||3||1 x A4||3 [Moderate]|