St Tudwal’s Lighthouse
GB, Gwynned, 1858
St Tudwal’s lighthouse is built on the small island of the same name off Penrhyn Du, Tremadoc Bay, Gwynedd. The elevation of the site allowed a small tower (and associated dwellings) to be built but still allowed the light to be visible for many miles. The lighthouse was converted to automatic operation with an acetylene gas light in 1922 and the keepers were removed.
The lighthouse was automated and converted to solar power in 1995 – it is not open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Gwynned, UK||52° 47’.9 N 04° 28’.2 W||11m||1877||Fl WR 15s 14nm|
|1:250||4cm||25||2 x A4||3 [Moderate]|