A lighthouse was built by Trinity House at Anvil Point in 1881 to provide a waypoint between Portland Bill and the entry to the Solent. The squat tower shows a flashing white and red light 45m above sea level and visible for 24 miles. The current lighthouse was extensively modernised (including electrification) in 1991.
The lighthouse is fully automatic and not normally open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Dorset, UK||50? 35′.48 N
01? 57′.51 W
|12m||1881||Fl(1) WR 10s 24nm|
|1:250||4.5cm||100||2 x A4||4 [Difficult]|