This small lighthouse is situated at the end of the breakwater guarding the harbour in Holyhead, Wales.
The lighthouse was built in 1873 as part of the 3km long breakwater, probably designed by John Hawkshaw, the architect then responsible for the works. The 19m tower is square in cross section and is currently painted white with a black band. The light gives three green flashes every 10 seconds.
The lighthouse was automated and de-manned in 1961. The breakwater is open to the public but the tower itself is not open to visitors.
|Fishguard, Wales||53.33 09?N 4.61 93?W||19m||1873||FL(3) G 10s 12nm|
|1:250||3cm||37||1 x A4||3 [Moderate]|