This harbour light is typical of the small lighthouses erected to mark the entrances to harbours around the UK. The model is based on the light at South Queensferry on the Firth of Forth, erected by the famous architect John Rennie in 1813 to guide the ferries across the Firth. The original was lit by Argand oil lamps and served until the new road bridge was opened in 1961.
|Based on light at South Queensferry, Fife, Scotland||n/a||8m||1813||F W 5nm|
|1:250||3.5cm||20||1 x A4||4 [Difficult]|