The lighthouse on St Agnes in the Scillys is one of the first built by Trinity House. Originally built with a larger lantern enclosing a coal fire, it was converted to oil lighting in 1790. It became redundant in 1911, but remains a useful daymark. The tower is Grade II* listed and is unusual in having 4 defensive gun-ports at first floor level.
The attached keepers’ houses are a private residence and the lighthouse is not open to the public.
This model is provided as a free download.
|St Agnes, Scilly, UK||49? 53′.73 N
06? 20′.34 E
|1:250||9cm||32||1 x A4||3 [Moderate]|