The lighthouse at Berry Head is the shortest administered by Trinity House, only 5m tall. It is also one of the highest in Britain, being on top of a high headland. The light was erected in 1906 to guide shipping in the harbour below and was among the first to be automated.
The lighthouse is fully automatic and not normally open to the public, but the surrounding headland is popular as a tourist destination because of the views and the wildlife.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Devon, UK||50? 24.0?۪ N
3? 28.9?۪ W
|5m||1906||Fl (2) W 15s|
|1:250||2cm||25||1 x A4||4 [Difficult]|