Godrevy lighthouse was built in 1859 to mark a dangerous reef off the north Cornwall coast. It is most famous as the inspiration for the author Virginia Woolf’s book “To the Lighthouse”, published in 1927.
The rubble-stone tower originally had keepers cottages adjoining, these were demolished in 1939 when the lighthouse was automated. It was electrified and converted to solar power in 1995.
The lighthouse is fully automatic and not open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Cornwall, UK||50? 14?۪.5 N
05? 23?۪.9 W
|26m||1859||Fl(1) WR 10s|
|1:250||12cm||25||1 x A4||4 [Difficult]|