This small, orange lighthouse is situated on the southern side of the mouth of Fáskrúðsfjörður in the west of Iceland. It was built in 1938 as part of a program to improve coastal navigation aids.
The 15m tall lighthouse is made of concrete and was designed by Benedict Jonasson.
The lighthouse is not open to visitors but can be seen from the road nearby (Route 1).
|Fáskrúðsfjörður, Iceland||53.18 51 N 4.37 12 W||15m||1812||F W 5nm|
|1:250||5.8cm||12||1 x A4||3 [Moderate]|