The lighthouse at Peninnis in the Scilly Isles was built in 1911 to replace an older lighthouse at neighbouring St Agnes. The new light is a simple metal framework tower topped by a lantern, with a nearby flat-roofed building. Originally lit by acetylene gas, it was converted to electricity and fully automated in 1992.
The lighthouse is fully automatic and not normally open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Dorset, UK||49? 54?۪.2 N 06? 18?۪.2 W||14m||1911||Fl(1) W 20s 15nm|
|1:250||6cm||20||1 x A4||4 [Moderate]|