Platte Fougère Lighthouse was built in 1910 to mark the end of the northern approach to St Peter Port and St Sampson in Guernsey. It was designed to be unmanned and the 25m reinforced concrete tower held duplicated lighting and foghorn equipment – backed by a shore station which took over if both failed.
It is now solar powered and the fog signal has been discontinued.
The lighthouse is fully automatic and not open to the public.
|Guernsey, Channel Islands||49 30′.83 N
02 29′.14 W
|25m||1910||Fl(1) W 10s 25nm|
|1:250||10.5cm||30||1 x A4||4 [Difficult]|