Brighton was built in 1903 for service as a cross-channel ferry between Newhaven and Dieppe for the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway Company. She was only the second steam turbine powered ferry brought into service on the Channel.
Fast, able to steam at 21 knots, she was commandeered by the Navy during WWI. First used as a troop-ship, then as a hospital ship, she returned to work as a ferry in 1923.
Sold out of service in 1930, she was converted to a yacht and was wrecked off Ireland in 1933.
The model shows her as she appeared when launched.
|83.5m||10.4m||1129 tons||22 knots||200|
|1:250||34cm/4cm||~350||5 x A4||4 [Difficult]|