The lighthouse on Farne Island was built in 1811 and, in conjunction with Longstone lighthouse further out to sea, marks this dangerous group of islands off the Northumberland coast. Originally powered by Argand oil lamps it was electrified in 1996.
The lighthouse is fully automatic and not normally open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Island off coast of Northumberland, UK||55 36′.93 N
01 39′.25 W
|13m||1811||F(2) WR 15s 10nm|
|1:250||5.5cm||61||2 x A4||4 [Difficult]|