A lighthouse has existed at Lowestoft since 1610 and on the current site since 1676. The lighthouse was originally one of a pair to guide vessels though a channel in the sandbank offshore (it has since silted up). A major rebuilding project in 1874 replaced the tower and optic and extended the dwellings to 2 storeys. The lighthouse is fully automatic and not normally open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Suffolk, UK||52?29′.2 N
|1:250||9cm||45||2 x A4||3 [Moderate]|