A lighthouse was first erected on top of this headland in 1828, but the light was often obscured by fog. The present lighthouse was built at the base of the cliffs in 1899 – the last wave-washed granite lighthouse built in Britain.
The lighthouse was electrified in 1975 and automated in 1983 – it is not open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Sussex, UK||50? 44.0?۪ N
0? 14.5?۪ E
|43m||1899||Fl (3) W 30s|
|1:250||17cm||20||2 x A4||3 [Moderate]|