The lighthouse at Flamborough Head was the first to include a rotating optic, giving the appearance of a flashing light. Erected in 1806 to provide a passing beacon for east coast shipping, Flamborough Head lighthouse has been in continuous service since then. The lighthouse is fully automatic and not normally open to the public, but the surrounding headland is popular as a tourist destination.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|Yorkshire, UK||52? 49.2?۪ N
01? 32.3?۪ E
|26.5m||1806||Fl (4) W 15s|
|1:250||11cm||96||2 x A4||3 [Moderate]|