Erected on a rocky island near Swansea, Mumbles Lighthouse originally had two coal braziers to distinguish itself from the nearby light at St Anne’s Head. It has since been converted to electricity and now has a conventional lantern.
The lighthouse was converted to a single oil-fired lamp with an enclosed lantern in 1859. This lantern was then replaced with the current, smaller lantern when the lighthouse electrified and automated in 1985.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
Note the model shows the current appearance of the lighthouse. A free model showing the original appearance of the lighthouse is also available – look under “Downloads”
|Glamorgan, UK||50? 03 N
05? 35?۪ W
|1:250||7cm||30||1 x A4||3 [Moderate]|