Whitby Lighthouse was built in 1858 and was originally one of a pair, aligned north south to mark a dangerous reef off the mouth of the busy fishing harbour at Whitby. The High tower has since been demolished.
The lighthouse was converted to electric lighting in 1976, then automated and de-manned in 1992 ??? it is not normally open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|North Yorkshire, UK||54? 28′.67 N
00? 34′.00 W
|13m||1858||Iso WR 10s|
|1:250||5.2cm||120||2 x A4||4 [Difficult]|