Bull Point lighthouse on the North Devon coast was established in 1879. In 1972, it’s rather peaceful life was disrupted when a major crack opened in the headland between the lighthouse and the fog signal – followed by a landslip that destroyed the fog signal and made the lighthouse unsafe. A temporary lighthouse was erected nearby and the current lighthouse was built of local stone, cleverly designed to re-use much of the old lighthouse’s equipment.
The lighthouse was built for automatic operation and converted to solar power in 1994 – it is not open to the public.
This model is part of a range of models of English and Welsh lighthouses produced under the terms of a licencing agreement with Trinity House.
|English Channel, UK||51? 11?۪.95 N 04? 12?۪.05 W||11m||1975 (1879)||Fl(3) W 10s 24nm|
|1:250||20cm||55||2 x A4||3 [Moderate]|