The fog signal building at Nash Point was built in 1906 and is situated between the high and low lighthouses at Nash Point. It uses compressed-air driven sirens sounding through Rayleigh trumpets and could be heard up to 3miles off shore. The lighthouse was automated and de-manned in 1988 – the fog-signal was discontinued at this time.
The fog signal and the lighthouse next door is open to the public and can be visited. The fog horn is in maintained in working order and is sounded regularly for visitors. See local information about opening times, etc.
When in use, the fog horn sounds one 3 second blast every 30 seconds (it has a range of 2 nautical miles (3.7 km; 2.3 miles))
|St Donats, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, UK||1906||Fo 3s (1) 30s 2nm|
|1:250||3cm||12||1 x A4||3 [Moderate]|